Whether you are purchasing your first MacBook or are an existing MacBook owner, you want to have excellent and good quality accessories. In this digital era where technology is evolving fast, working in a physical office is no longer necessary.
More people are spending a big percentage of their time on their laptops either marketing their brands or working as remote employees. To succeed in this venture, you not only need a good laptop, you need a good charger to ensure that your laptop is well powered.
There has been an influx of laptop chargers in the market lately. Choosing the ideal charger for your laptop can be an arduous task. Below is a list of the best portable and fixed chargers for your MacBook Air to ease your search.
A flat laptop battery bars you from completing your transactions, sending and receiving emails, or even catching up with your family and friends on skype especially when you are traveling. That’s where portable chargers come in.
You can carry your portable charger anywhere you go, and keep your laptop constantly powered wherever you go. Here are some portable charger options for your MacBook.
1. Anker PowerCore+ Portable Charger
The Anker PowerCore+ Portable Charger comes with a 30W power delivery capability and features a huge 26800mAh capacity.
- Can be used both on the MacBook and some iPhone models
- Features accelerated charging capability for tablets, phones, and USB Type _ notebooks.
- Comes with two USB ports which are 5v and 3A respectively, and one USB-C which is 30W
- Has a high power input delivery which ensures that your gadgets charge faster.
- High power capacity to guarantee connectivity until you find somewhere you can recharge
- Package includes a compatible charger, USB-C cable, welcome guide, travel pouch, and an 18-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- The charger can be a little heavy
- Low power output
- Below standard cable
2. BatPower ProE 2 EX10B Portable Charger
The BatPower ProE 2 EX10B Portable Charger is specially designed to charge your MacBook Air 2.2 times and will recharge in three to three and a half hours.
- Can be easily carried in your traveling bag
- Package contains an instructions manual, adapter cable, USB to Type _c cable, and AC power cord.
- Comes with a thirty-day exchange or money back guarantee, and an 18-month manufacturer’s warranty
- Cable likely to stop functioning over time
3. Satechi Type-C 75W Travel Charger with USB-C PD Fast Charge
The Satechi Type-C 75W Travel Charger gives you a powerful and safe 60W charge to facilitate fast charging of your Type-C gadgets.
- Accelerated charging for both MacBook and iPhone
- Features Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 which is more efficient than quick charge 2.0 for fast charging of your USB-A gadgets.
- Comes with a wide input range to accommodate international voltage requirements
- Small enough to fit in your hand luggage
- Features universal compatibility and supports a wide range of USB-C and USB-A gadgets.
- Loose USB-C port
- Insufficient power delivery
Users may need to purchase converters or adapters separately when traveling abroad
Here are the best-fixed chargers you can choose for your MacBook Air and other Apple gadgets.
1. Anker USB Type-C with Power Delivery 60W USB Wall Charger
The Anker USB Type-C wall charger features advanced USB technology and can be used to charge phones, laptops, and tablets.
- Features a high gloss detail and hard wearing matte exterior.
- Comes with an appealing blue colored USB port.
- Has a compact size and a foldable plug to maximize portability.
- May not work with some Mac gadgets
2. USB C Charger, Anker PowerPort Speed+ Duo Wall Charger
The USB C Charger, Anker PowerPort Speed+ Duo Wall Charger is versatile when it comes to charging your devices.
- Enhanced power delivery and PowerIQ which accelerates the charging of your gadgets.
- Comes in a compact design and features a foldable plug better portability
- Has been certified as safe for you and your gadgets.
- The charger will sometimes reset itself
3. USB C Wall Charger, Anker Premium 60W 5-Port Desktop Charger
The USB C Wall Charger, Anker Premium 60W 5-Port Desktop Charger can charge any USB C gadget at enhanced speeds using the 30W power delivery port for maximum speed.
- Features PowerIQ ports which recognize your gadgets and enhances charging speeds for each port up to 2.4A
- You can charge multiple gadgets thanks to the five ports available in this wall charger
- Comes with top quality safety features such as temperature control and surge protection.
- Features a smudge proof and scratch resistant exterior and advanced drop protection making it more durable.
- May not charge some Mac gadgets
4. Lention 45W USB-C Power Delivery Wall Charger
The LENTION 45W USB-C Power Delivery Wall Charger comes with a PD/QC dual USB-C port model. You can use it to charge most of your Apple gadgets at full speed.
- Use the USB-C port to charge USB power delivery enabled laptops with a maximum of 45W power delivery.
- Comes with a two standard USB-A charging ports with 2.4A/5V at maximum
- Features inbuilt temperature control, intelligent shunt, multiple protection safety, and short circuit protection to enhance your safety and that of your gadgets.
- It’s compact and sleek in design enabling users to carry it when traveling.
- Features a foldable plug to save on space and keep your package in an organized manner.
- May have durability limitations
Choosing the best charger is the first step towards enhancing the functionality of your gadget. The above list should help you make the right decision.