Fortinet is a company whose headquarters are in Sunnyvale California. They specialize in the development and marketing of cybersecurity appliances, software, and services such as anti-virus, firewalls, endpoint security and intrusion prevention.
The company was established in 2000 with its first product being Fortigate which happens to be a firewall. Later, they developed sandboxing, wireless access points, and messaging security. The company would later go public in November 2009.
In 2016, the company launched its security fabric architecture which incorporated automation and integration with other third-party vendors and network security gadgets. The product was later modified to incorporate IoT, multi-cloud, and SD-WAN features. Here are various Fortinet courses you can take to enhance your knowledge of network and computer security.
1.Fortinet FortiGate Firewall 4-in-1 Training Bundle Course
This course is specially designed for people who are interested in learning about Fortinet firewalls and FortiGate appliances. To enroll in this course, you need a basic understanding and knowledge of IP and security.
- Basic understanding of Fortinet and FortiGate firewalls
- Implement Fortinet site to site VPNs and w/Cisco ASA VPN
- Know how to apply redundant Fortinet NGFW solution
- Set up and operate the first-time wizard for new Fortigate firewall
- Understand how to implement Fortinet Remote Access
- Know how to connect internal LAN users to the internet via network address translation
- Use FortiGate firewalls to deploy high availability
- Set up the site to site VPNs between a Cisco ASA firewall and a FortiGate firewall
- Set up the site to site VPNs between Fortigate firewalls
- Setup Fortinet remote-access VPNs using Firticlient software on a remote user
- Understand the best way to troubleshoot the three most common errors in site to site VPNs
2. Deploy Fortinet Site-to-Site VPNs. w/ Cisco ASA VPN Included
This course is designed to help learners understand how to set up, configure, troubleshoot, and verify site to site IPsec VPNs according to Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls. Students will begin with the configuration of gadgets and eventually proceed to engage in actual configuration.
Students interested in taking this course should have a basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and be familiar with VPNs and firewalls. The course is specially designed for students who are interested in learning how to implement and manage the site to site VPNs in between Fortinet FortiGate firewalls those who are interested in learning troubleshooting tactics between site to site VPNs using Fortinet FortiGate firewalls.
Students who are interested in learning how to manage and implement a site to site VPNs between a Cisco ASA firewall and Fortinet FortiGate firewall will also benefit from this course.
- Learn how to configure, troubleshoot, and verify site to site VPNs according to Fortinet FortiGate firewalls.
3. Introduction to Fortinet and Fortigate Firewalls
To enroll in this course, students will need a basic understanding of IP and security. This course is specially designed for learners who are interested in learning about Fortinet firewalls and FortiGate appliances.
- After this course, learners should understand how to set up a FortiGate firewall appliance offering secure access to the internet to your internal LAN.
- Learners will gain an understanding of executing basic administration duties at the firewall level and master how to centralize their management to ensure they can set up, monitor, and manage the infrastructure from an individual glass pane which can either be on-prem centralized management solution or cloud.
4. Fortinet FortiGate Firewall – Admin Crash Course
This course is specially designed for beginners in the network security industry and experts who are already experienced in Palo alto and checkpoint among other vendors and are interested in learning more about the FortiGate firewall. This course teaches students how to administer using the FortiGate firewall from the word go.
This course involves, learning different admin profiles, virtual wire pair, executing your FortiGate in transparent and NAT mode, know how to forward domains, beware of the critical network topologies to your for wool set up VPNs, know how to leverage network to master translation techniques, and gain a basic knowledge on TCP and IPV4 concepts.
- At the end of this course, students will understand how to develop their next-generation FortiGate firewall.
5. Implement and deploy the FortiGate Firewall
This course is specially designed for network administrators and students who are interested in learning about FortiGate. Here, learners will gain essential skills they need to administer a FortiGate appliance. Further, they will understand the various types of interface configuration available and when they should be used.
Learners will know how to set up a site to site VPNs, security profiles, and HA. further, learners will understand how to configure a virtual environment with an emulated virtual environment to help them practice various other courses without the need to buy actual equipment. To enroll in this course, learners will need a basic understanding of IP operations and concepts as well as understand IPv4 subnetting.
- Implement and manage FortiGate firewall within a production environment
- Analyze traffic as it traverses through the firewall through the use of security profiles
- Utilize an emulated virtual environment to configure your virtual environment
- Understand how to Nate for both servers and users
- Setup Vdoms and HA
- Configure the site to site remote access and IPsec VPN with SSL VPNs
The above courses are taught by qualified, experienced, and professional lecturers who have been in the industry for many years. For you to enroll in any of these courses, you’ll need to have proper knowledge of network security concepts and network protocol. While previous experience is not necessary, having previous understanding of FortiGate infrastructure, FortiAnalyzer, Fortimanager, and FortiGate security will be an added advantage. In the end, you will get certification which is essential as it validates your network security experience and expertise. You can leverage the whole of Fortinet’s network security products and you will also be recognized as an expert security professional in the industry. Choose any of these courses whether you are a beginner or an expert and you are guaranteed to enhance your skills and scale your career.