Mockito is a mock framework which can be utilized together with JUnit. It enables you to develop and set up mock objects. Mockito eases the development of tests for categories with external dependencies. Using Mockito in tests enables you to deploy the code while still under test.
JUnit on the other hand in a framework which aids the writing and running of unit tests. You don’t need Mockito to utilize JUnit. Mockito aids the mocking of interfaces to facilitate the addition and testing of a dummy functionality to a mock interface. Here are different courses to help you learn Mockito and JUnit.
1.Learn Unit Testing with JUnit & Mockito in 30 Steps
This course is specially designed for you if you are passionate about development, you possess Java programming experience, and have no experience in Mockito and Junit. The instructors will not only help you install eclipse but they will also teach you how to operate maven. Enroll for this course if you’re looking to learn unit testing using JUnit or you’re interested in learning how to Mock with Mockito. At the end of this course, learners will have mastered the following features.
Actual project experiences with the help of the best frameworks and tools
Enhance their learning with exceptional step by step and hands-on experiences
Get amazing support in the question and answer section
Learn troubleshooting guides using the more than 200 answered frequently asked questions
2. JUnit and Mockito Crash Course
This course is specially designed for you if you’re a Java developer who’s passionate about enhancing their unit testing skills. It’s a fast practical guide that will help you learn how to write actual unit tests using Mockito and Junit. The course will use step by step implementations and simple concepts to ensure you understand everything clearly.
This course has been developed in order to ensure there are enough Java professionals who can run unit tests as there are those who can write excellent code. To enroll in this course, learners will need basic Java knowledge and an understanding of Eclipse IDE Kepler for Java developers.
If you are confident about your code writing capabilities, are a Java EE developer or just a Java developer, this course will enhance your career.
- Understand unit testing
- Understand the JUnit API and Framework
- Learn why unit testing is important
- Learn how to write tests using Mockito and Junit
- Understand mocking and why developers should utilize it
- Understand test coverage and how you can measure it
3. Testing Spring Boot: Beginner to Guru
In this course, you’ll start by utilizing JUnit 5 to display how to utilize TDD to generate a simple Java application and using TDD to develop the application to an advanced level of practicality and quality. Eventually, the course introduces you to comprehensive features and practicality of JUnit 5.
Learners will understand how to write JUnit 5 tests for a Java website application. During the course, you’ll learn the notable differences there are between JUnit 4 and JUnit 5. Further, the course comprises of a dedicated section indicating how to move your JUnit 4 tests to JUnit5. Learners will also learn how to mock dependent objects with Mockito, one of the commonly used mocking libraries used in the Java development world.
When you’re writing Spring Framework applications, chances are that you’ll be injecting dependent objects in your classes. You’ll need to understand how to utilize Mockito’s powerful mocking capabilities to mock dependent objects within your unit tests.
This course is specially designed for Spring Framework developers, novice Java developers seeking marketable expertise, and Java developers who are interested in creating quality software. To enroll in this course you’ll need a basic understanding of Spring Framework and Java programming as well as Spring Boot knowledge. Having IntelliJ or Eclipse and basic SQL skills will be an added advantage.
- Understand the critical concepts involved in Test-driven development
- Learn the various types of testing: functional, integration, and unit
- Understand the JUnit 5 testing API
- Move JUnit 4 tests to JUnit 5
- Incorporate Mockito with JUnit 5 with ease
- Test Spring Framework applications using Mockito and JUnit 5
- Understand how to utilize the testing features of Spring Boot
- Use Spring MVC test to facilitate test writing
4. Java Unit Tests for Beginners: JUnit 5 for your first IT job
To enroll for this course, you’ll need basic Java programming skills, understand the basic concepts of lists Eclipse IDE, be able to identify primitive data types string or int and be able to develop classes with methods and fields
- Understand different unit test types
- Pursue the best practices of unit testing
- Learn how to develop practical real-world test scenarios
- Execute unit tests in Eclipse
- Learn the JUnit test lifecycle
5. Master Java Unit Testing with Spring Boot & Mockito
Do you get excited at the idea of learning while having fun at the same time? If the answer is yes, then this course is meant for you. Further, you’ll need a basic understanding of JUnit, Java, Spring Boot, Spring, and JPA or Hibernate.
You don’t have to worry about Eclipse installation because the instructors will guide you through it as well as ensure that both Tomcat and Maven are running smoothly on your computer. This course is specially designed for Java, Spring Boot, or Spring programmers who are interested in writing excellent unit tests for their RESTful services.
If you want to learn how to write excellent unit tests using mocking, this course will be ideal. Learners who want to understand how to write excellent asserts using Hamcrest Matchers, Assert J, Json Assert, and JSON Path libraries can also benefit from this course. Students who are seeking to learn the ultimate practices in writing good unit tests using Spring Boot starter test, Mockito and JUnit can also enroll for this course.
- Learn how to write excellent unit and integration tests with the help of Spring Boot Starter test
- Understand how to utilize the most critical unit testing annotations which are: @MockBean, @SpringBootTest, @DataJpaTest, and @WebMvcTest
- Understand how to write independent unit tests for restful web services and talking with multiple layers: business, web, and data
- Understand how to utilize all the frameworks in Spring Boot Starter Test: Spring Test, JUnit, Hamcrest, JSONassert, Mockito, AssertJ, and Json Path
- Understand how to write incorporation tests with the use of an in-memory database
- Understand the process of writing unit tests using Spys and mocks developed using Mockito
6. Automation Testing Using Junit
To enroll for this course, you need a basic understanding of Java. if you’re a beginner who is interested in gaining knowledge on the fundamental functionality of the JUnit tool, this course will be ideal. In the end, you should have sufficient knowledge to utilize the JUnit testing framework and progress to higher levels.
- Learn how to write JUnits for different API and be in a position to Incorporate with Hudson, Jenkins, and Ant.
7. Advanced JUnit testing with PowerMock and PowerMockito
This course is designed for developers who already understand Eclipse IDE and Java Standard Edition, and have some experience regarding JUnit testing. If your desire is to enhance your Java code writing skills to write great code which can be unit tested with minimal struggle, you’ll learn all the tricks and transition from being a beginner to an expert.
There are numerous mocking frameworks in the industry today and the instructor will demonstrate to you PowerMock, PowerMockito, and Mockito which are easy to utilize, and easy to read. They could be everything you need to cover all the JUnit testing requirements. This course is specially designed for developers who are already conversant with principal Java programming ideas and a basic understanding of JUnit testing.
- Learn how to JUnit test various hard to test code
- Enhance your knowledge regarding writing JUnit teste
- Understand the best way of writing better Java code
- Gain experience in Maven
The above courses will come in handy to help you become an expert developer with a robust understanding of Mockito and JUnit.