Don’t you hate it when you are busy doing your work on a computer, and you feel your sitting neighbor checking your screen constantly? Isn’t it annoying how insecure you feel while putting in your passwords, or reading your messages in such a setting? The best way to regain your security and privacy is to get a screen filter. What is that? You might ask. A privacy screen filter is a panel that is placed over a display monitor and is used to protect private data displayed on the screen. It makes it difficult, even impossible, for someone to see the screen without being directly in front of the screen. Despite this, the panel uses low technology -A polarized plastic sheet. Polarization works as an optical filter to block out light while looking at it from certain angles, and in the case of the screen filter, all angles but right in front (perpendicular) of the screen. In most cases, the panel doubles-up as an eye protector for professions that require a lot of screen time.
When choosing and ordering a privacy screen filter, it is best to consider the size of your screen. Size is measured diagonally from one corner to the opposite diagonal edge only within the viewable area of a screen, which means you should exclude the frame during the measuring. Some of the best privacy filter panels are listed below to offer an informed shopping experience.
Best Monitor Privacy Screen For 2020
PREMIUM PRIVACY SCREEN FILTER BY EZ-PRO
The privacy screen filters by EZ-pro have dimensions of 19 inches, diagonally, with 16.1 inches width and 10.1 height. It can block visibility from the sides at angles higher than 30 degrees from the center. The features of this appliance include;
- The availability of the presence of UV and blue light protection.
- Anti-glare protection.
- 5 installation options.
- The filter blocks out 100% of the hazardous UV light and cancan reduce HEV blue light significantly while conveying excellent color transmission.
- The light blockers have a wide range of HEV protection.
- It reduces the risk of visual hacking and theft.
- It provides security for workers to be more comfortable doing their tasks at work, and therefore improve productivity.
- The screen panel is not compatible with touchscreen monitors.
- The filter is not able to protect your data from people that are behind you.
VINTEZ COMPUTER PRIVACY SCREEN FILTER
The Vintez Computer privacy screen filter is a 24 inch (diagonally) screen filter for a widescreen computer monitor. It also has Anti-glare, Anti-film protector for data confidentiality. Its features aide in;
- Restricting visibility of the screen only to the straight position.
- It helps improve the confidentiality of information, especially in institutions that require maximum privacy, such as banking and medical institutions.
- Reduces the risk of visual hacking or theft, as well as paranoia that comes with having to enter a passcode for a private account in a crowded, or public place.
- The Vintez screen filter uses anti-scratch, anti-glare technology for more prolonged-lasting use.
- It can protect the eye from up to 96% of UV light while curbing blue light by 65%.
- The angle of view can decrease with decreasing screen brightness
- It can restrict the visibility of screen only to the straight position
- The screen is easy to install and comes with extra adhesive and installation kits.
- It is a reversible screen, which means that the product offers flexibility to choose a glossy or matte outcome. The matte option enhances anti-glare from external sources.
SKYLARKIN PRIVACY SCREEN FILTER
The Skylarking privacy screen filter is described as a 24-inch anti-spy anti-glare filter, with 4H hardness and anti-scratch coating. The screen is compatible with any 24-inch computer. Some of the features of this panel include;
- UV and blue light reduction.
- Has a black, frameless, thin, lightweight appearance.
- Avails two easy to attach options. Each attachment part set contains one pair of plastic tabs and one sheet of double-sided tape.
- Anti-glare and anti-reflection abilities.
- Privacy protection
- Compatibility with any 24-inch (diagonally) computer screen with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- It is a premium privacy filter that provides a darkened, and eventually, black monitor outlook as one moves from an angle perpendicular to the screen, towards the left or right.
- The screen has high-quality multi-layer screen protection from UV and blue light exposure for sensitive eyes.
- Its surface hardness and anti-scratch coating provide durability and service to the owner.
- Two attachment options. One is where you can use clear adhesive strips to attach securely to the monitor. The other you use slide mount tabs that stick to the display frame and enable easy mounting and un-mounting of the screen with need.
- It helps protect your data from prying eyes and visual thieves and hackers.
- Regulation of the level of confidentiality can be increased or reduced by increasing or reducing screen brightness, respectively.
- Incompatibility to touchscreen monitors.
- The inability to protect the confidential data from people that are located behind you.
AKAMAI COMPUTER PRIVACY SCREEN
The Akamai computer privacy screen is a wired magazine nominated product that is described as “the premium quality filter” to ward away visual information thieves. The product is known to;
- Provide easy installation as it uses the highest quality 3M adhesives to ensure long-lasting protection and stability on the monitor.
- Provide a wide range of sizes that protects any screen ranging from 12.1 inches to 23.6 inches (measured diagonally).
- Cover both standard and widescreen monitors.
- Provide a full refund in case of dissatisfaction with the product.
- Protect the eyes with 70% blue light and 97% UV anti-glare eye protection.
- Leave visual hackers in the dark and clueless.
- Provide the best image transmittance for the most precise image quality of about 75%.
- Offer real value for money using the 9H hardness that is scratch and dirt-free, and makes the screen durable.
- It is compatible with touchscreen monitors.
- The UV protection helps reduce straining, the headaches that accompany the strain and improves sleep.
- Its filters are 1.5X the usual accuracy of privacy in comparison to other lines.
- The various sizes offered can also be further adjusted using an Exacto knife and a ruler, in case one orders the wrong size.
Before ordering a screen filter, one should be extremely careful while measuring the size, to avoid inconveniences. Fortunately, or unfortunately, the screen filters cannot protect your data from people standing behind you, which might limit your comfort in typing up any personal information on your screen. The screen filters are the ideal security step for institutions that operate under maximum privacy, such as hospitals, banks, and even some learning institutions. They also give the customer a sense of security in sharing their personal information. The filters also provide the much-needed protection of the eyes, especially for professions that require constant screen time. It is also regrettable that some of the filters have rumours of being too dark even for the owner.
The prices of the listed screen privacy filters all range from $41 to $61. As you choose, it is also wise to consider the reviews that give further guidance to personalized problems that might also be relatable to your needs and purchasing power. I would personally go for the Akamai Computer screen filter as it offers a variety of sizes, can be adjusted, and, in case the expectations are not met, I can get a full refund. Its compatibility with touchscreen monitors is also a considerable advantage.