Behind the scenes, Nest utilizes powerful HTTP server frameworks such as Fastify and Express. Nest offers a certain level of the outline above these frameworks while directly exposing their APIs to the developers.
This facilitates easy utilization of the different third party modules that are available in each platform. Est utilizes popular existing frameworks such as Express and Node.js and plays the role of a layer above.
Why the Popularity of Nestjs?
Nestjs is purely written in TypeScript and you can use it to execute your applications out of the box in TypeScript. It offers an out of the box application structure which was inspired by Angular. Still, Nest is a different independent project that’s different from the Angular project. With this framework, you can develop a front end API which can be integrated with other frameworks and libraries such as Vue.js and React.
Further, experts recommend the use of TypeScript in your current frontend framework. Angular offers TypeScript out of the box but users can also utilize it in other commonly used frameworks such as Vue and React.
This way, developers can have a common language in their frontend and backend code where they can also share their preferred definitions. This concept cuts down the efficiency losses highly through context switches from one language to the other. It can also improve the performance of your team.
Nest’s structure was highly inspired by Angular.
There are various courses that are specially designed for people who are interested in learning Nestjs as seen below.
NestJS Zero to Hero – Modern TypeScript Back-end Development
If you’re a developer that’s willing to apply TypeScript on the backend this course will come in handy for you as well. Are you a developer who is interested in learning how to distribute your application to the cloud?
- Developing and designing REST APIs executing CRUD operations
- Authorize and authenticate for backend applications
- Get conversant with the Nestjs framework and its components
- Utilize TypeORM to facilitate database interaction
- Understand security best practices such as storing sensitive information and password hashing
- Distributing back end applications at a production-ready state to Amazon Web Services
- Pursuing data through a database
- Using the Nestjs command-line interface
- Writing efficient maintainable code according to the industry standards
- Utilizing pgAdmin as an interface tool to oversee PostgreSQL databases
- Understand environment variables and environment based configuration management
- Execute efficient logging in the back end application
- Execute data validation and utilize pipes
- Designing entities for the persistence layer
- Protecting endpoints for authorized users with Guards
- Understanding TypeScript best practices
- Utilizing data transfer objects
- Gain practical experience on JSON web tokens
- Managing asynchronous operations with async-await
- Understand Nestjs unit testing applications
Angular & NestJS – The Modern MEAN Stack Guide
This course takes you from a beginner to an established developer. It assumes a practice-oriented route and learners will develop a quotes app all through this course. They will also learn how to incorporate the Angular material library, how to retrieve and manage user input, and how to reserve data.
Students will also learn how to use Swagger to document API. Some of the topics that will be covered in this course include Architecture, navigation, components, CRUD, user input, CLI, and HTTP. In the process, students will also learn how to distribute the application they build from development to production environment with Netlify, Heroku, and Cloud MongoDB Atlas.
- Use Nestjs to develop API
- Develop a Nestjs application and a full-stack Angular and
- Learn how to connect Angular app to node Nestjs backend
- Learn how to utilize Nestjs as a Nodejs framework
- Understand how to utilize Mongoose with MongoDB for data persistence
- Understand how to utilize Swagger for API documentation
- Develop a comprehensive CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) application
NestJs in Practice (with MongoDB)
In this course, students will learn how to design and develop a Nestjs backend that will assume the form of a REST API and that utilizes Mongoose object document mapping library to send queries to a MongoDB database from scratch. Learners will get a comprehensive CRUD example to demonstrate how to execute one of the most common REST data retrieval and data modification tasks with the help of Nestjs.
You don’t need previous Mongoose, MongoDB, or Nestjs experience to enroll for this course. The course also covers all the fundamental essentials such as controllers, injectable services, and modules. This course is specially designed for web developers who are in search of a detailed guide to help them understand the Nestjs framework.
Angular developers who want to repeat the same Angular concepts and implement them to the backend will also benefit from this course. At the end of this course, learners should be able to utilize Nestjs to design and develop applications with ease. Students will have comprehensive knowledge in regards to developing and designing secure production-ready backends with the Nestjs framework.
- Learn how to code in Github repository using downloadable ZIP files for every section
- Understand Nestjs design patterns such as repositories and controller
- Understand Deep Dive techniques such as services, controllers, modules, pipes, guards, and middleware.
- Understand how to complete MongoDB/Nestjs CRUD example
- Get introduced to MongoDB
- Learn about Mongoose object document mapping library
- Understand decorator based data validation
- Learn Nestjs role-based access control authorization
- Know how to execute authentication in Nestjs using JSON web tokens
- Learn Nestjs Pipes and how to go about developing a custom pipe
- Figure out about Nestjs filter and error handling
- Understand data validation using class validator and the validation pipe
- Learn user Authentication with Nestjs
- Understand how to run Nestjs in Debug and hot reload mode
- Understand Nestjs middleware
- Become conversant with Nestjs modules and injectable services
- Learn how to write your inaugural Nestjs REST endpoint
Nestjs is one of the most popular frameworks that you may want to learn if you’re a developer and interested in scaling your career. Technology is advancing rapidly and it’s fast becoming important to diversify your knowledge. Choose one of the listed courses here and prepare for a career transformation.