Postman is a robust tool for carrying out unification testing using your API. It facilitates reliable and repeatable tests that users can automate and utilize in various environments. It comprises effective tools for prevailing data and replicating how users can be communicating with the system. What are the benefits of postman? Let’s find out below.
Develop Test Suites Easily
Stores Data to be Used in Other Tests
Stores Data to Facilitate Running of Tests in Varying Environments
Once users have created their test collection and it works perfectly, they can run it repeatedly against their local surroundings and each test passes. It’s worth mentioning that the configuration of your local environment will be slightly different than the test server. Postman enables you to keep specific data regarding different environments and naturally place the correct environment set up in your test. This can be a foundation URL, request headers, body data, and query parameters for an HTTP post
Merges with Build Systems such as Jenkins with the use of Newman Command Line Tool
Postman features a command-line tool referred to as Newman. This tool eases the running of tests from the command line. This facilitates the running of Postman tests on any system that doesn’t have a GUI while enabling users to run various tests created using Postman from other build tools. For instance, Jenkins allows users to implement commands within a build job, where depending on the test results the job either passes or fails.
Facilitates Easy Movement of Environments and Tests to Code Repositories
Postman eases movement and sharing of tests into various environments and systems by covering groups in a test file and an environment setup file. Users can also move a test collection and utilize conventional file sharing to transfer it from one environment to the other. This simplifies tasks that involve the use of code repository tools such as SVN or Git to control environment files and Postman tests while retaining version records should you want to roll the changes back.
Whenever you create a code, you will need to run it incrementally to rule out the presence of typos and bugs. You can execute these tasks easily with Postman. It allows you to create a test without the need to insert it inside a collection, back it, and save it. All you need to do is send a request to a URL and view the result. Postman parses JSON data to make it easy to read.
Do you want to master Postman? If you are here are various courses that can help you enhance your skills and scale your career.
Postman: The Complete Guide – REST API Testing
Learners will also need basic experience in NodeJS/NPM and JSON and RESTful APIs. basic knowledge and understanding of Basic Docker will be an added advantage. Further, you will need a computer running on macOS, Windows, or Linux to facilitate viewing of lectures and installation of Postman.
The Inaugural part of this course involves the exploration of Postman features and writing of API tests to incorporate them in a CI server where tests will run currently. Learners will begin tackling simple requests before progressing towards more intricate scenarios.
You will also learn how to manage authorization or authentication techniques such as API Keys, Basic Auth, and OAuth. Apart from writing API tests, you will learn how to coordinate tests in groups and share them amongst your team. At the end of this test, you should be able to run API tests on Jenkins and other CI servers.
- Learn how to operate with the Postman App
- Master how to leverage Postman to submit RESTful requests
- Understand how to automate test execution
Postman Crash Course for Beginners – Learn API Testing
To enroll in this course you will need a basic understanding of HTTP that is headers, message body, address, and cookies. You will also need basic knowledge about JSON and RESTful API. This course is specially designed to facilitate the testing of developers and engineers.
Learners will begin by understanding Postman features, developing simple workflows, and writing requests. They will then proceed to write API tests and naturally run a Postman group through the use of the Postman Collection Runner.
This course will help learners master simple requests before proceeding towards more intricate scenarios, begin writing API tests, understand how to handle authentication for instance through the use of Bearer token, understand how to coordinate tests in groups before sharing them amongst your team, and know how to leverage the collection runner to run API tests.
- Operate with the Postman App
- Learn how to create basic tests
- Understand how to submit RESTful requests with Postman
Software Testing: WEB, Mobile, API + 12 tools + ISTQB exam
This course will take learners through various technologies such as network technologies, client-server architecture, how to structure a mobile application, web application components, and web services. They will also learn the testing process. You don’t need previous experience to enroll in this course.
It’s specially designed for people who are passionate about information technology. You can also take this course if you are looking to learn a new profession, are interested in mastering practical testing skills, and mastering how to execute the development process in information technology companies.
- Understand how to execute API testing using Postman
- Master the latest ISTQB 2018-2019 updates for examination preparation
- Learn the theory of test design techniques, testing, and test documentation
- Master mobile and web testing
- Understand SQL (DML level queries
- Learn about the Jira bug tracking system
- Understand web technology skills such as CSS and HTML
- Utilize Charles sniffer to know how to intercept HTTP traffic
- Learn JMeter and everything there is to learn about functional and non-functional testing
Rest API Testing(Automation) from Scratch -Rest Assured Java
You don’t need previous experience to enroll in this course. It’s specially designed to teach everything from scratch. Whether or not you are a programming student, you can still understand this course with ease. This course gives you easy access to instructor support. What’s more, you can leverage the discussion board to have all your questions answered. You can even contact the instructor directly.
Learners will cover everything about REST API automation installation configuration and Java. This course is specially designed for manual testers and people with no previous programming experience who want to learn automation. Software engineers interested in mobile technology can also enroll in this course.
- Get comprehensive knowledge about REST API automation testing
- Get extensive knowledge on REST manual testing tools such as Postman with numerous API demos for practice
- Learn how to design and execute developed API automation frameworks using REST-based API
- Learn how to generate great client reports to execute API test results
- Master REST API automation by utilizing RestAssured complete with real-time examples
REST API Testing, Automation using POSTMAN
This course allows students to master the numerous processes of the Postman tool complete with practical examples. Whether you need to develop or test API, this course is ideal and will offer learners all the necessary examples they need to figure out the excellent features that Postman offers.
- Execute data-driven testing
- Incorporate Jenkins and Newman with Postman
- Understand the process of sending SOAP requests with Postman
- Learn different types of authentication
- Understand how to script Postman
- Coordinate requests with collections
- Configure Proxies to capture network traffic
- Learn how to implement data-driven testing
- Understand how to implement multi-part file uploads
- Incorporate Jenkins with the postman to implement scheduled tests
Are you interested in enhancing your Postman skills? Choose one of the courses discussed above depending on your needs.