Selenium can be referred to as a framework which has been portable with the view of the testing application that is meant for the web. This it does through the use of a tool that records the various functional tests. This is done in order to make sure that you would not need a scripting language to perform tests.
In case you are not Familiarized with selenium then you can start first with below video to understand more about Selenium:
The selenium would also make sure that there is a specific language which is known as Selenese which can be used to take a test for a lot of languages used for programming. This would include Groovy, Java and Python. Others would include Perl and even Scala. Selenium is considered to be software which is open source in nature. The tests have the ability to be run in various laptop software such as Windows, Linux and so much more.
To effect learn about all the good things that Selenium has to offer, there are several courses which would prove to be helpful in the long run. Here are some of the top courses you should consider taking;
- Best Free Selenium Online Courses and Training
- 1. Selenium Basics – Step by Step for Beginners
- 2. Selenium Java Framework from Scratch
- 3. Selenium WebDriver with C# for Beginners + Live Testing Site
- Best Paid Selenium Online Courses and Training
- 1. The Selenium Webdriver for Beginning on Udemy
- 2. Working with Elements with Udemy
- 3. The robot framework test with Udemy
- 4. Basics to Advanced in addition to frameworks (selenium) with Udemy
- 5. The Masterclass with C#
- 6. Building a Testing Framework with Udemy
- 7. The Novice to Ninja + Interview course with Udemy
- 8. The Complete step by step Java with Udemy
- 9. The Automated Web Testing course with Pluralsight
- 10. Learning Selenium by LinkedIn
Best Free Selenium Online Courses and Training
In this area I will present you with the best free selenium courses to start with if you are a beginner, it can help you get started and if you need something more advanced you can check the paid section.
1. Selenium Basics – Step by Step for Beginners
If you are interested in the selenium basics then this is the course for you. You have 2 hours and 30 minutes where you will get familiarized with selenium and make your own first test.
- Understand the basics of selenium
- Use selenium in projects
- Create automation tests using Selenium Web Driver
2. Selenium Java Framework from Scratch
This course is for complete Beginners.
You can take this course without any prior knowledge on Selenium, Java or Automation.
We will go very basic, Step-by-Step and learn – How to create a Selenium Java Framework
In this course we will learn:
- How to setup a Selenium Java Project from scratch
- How to create Selenium Java scripts
- How to run tests on different browsers – Chrome, Firefox, IE
- How to find Web Locators
- How to setup Page Object Model – POM
- How to use TestNG
- How to use Extent Reports
- How to create Data Driven tests using Excel file
- How to do Logging
- How to do Exception Handling
- How to run tests on Headless Browser
- and much much more…
3. Selenium WebDriver with C# for Beginners + Live Testing Site
In this course, we will focus on Graphic User Interface and Functionality Testing and we will learn how to work with the various selectors that Selenium offers us to use like:
- Name selector
- ID Selector
- Class Name selector
- CSS Path selector
- X Path selector
After that we will learn how to work with some special elements like:
- Input text boxes
- Check boxes
- Radio buttons
- Drop down menus
Best Paid Selenium Online Courses and Training
If you need a more advanced course into Selenium then you need to go with a paid one. The paid ones it is offering more informations and they are not expensive at all. See below the best paid selenium courses that you can currently take.
1. The Selenium Webdriver for Beginning on Udemy
This course is designed with the help of Java and TestNG. It is meant to give beginners the basic foundation which they would need to master the Selenium webdriver.
This course would need you to watch 6-7 hours’ worth of lectures. At the end of the lectures and course, you can expect to get a certificate showing that you have duly completed the course. Here are some of the main things which you can expect to learn in this course;
· You would learn how you can automate the various tests using Selenium
· You would learn how you can set up a framework for the automation of tests using Selenium
· You would learn the various test failures and you can be able to recognize them. You would also know how you can fix them without too much of a fuss.
Some of the topics which you can expect to see would include environment preparation, basic tests and the various common test failures which you might face.
Interested in this course? To get the best out of it, you would need to have a bit of knowledge about software Testing as this would come in handy during the course.
2. Working with Elements with Udemy
This course is designed to help you with element identification and its manipulation with the help of the Selenium webdriver. Choosing this course would mean that you would need to watch videos that would take about 5 hours to complete. In addition to this, you would have to read 5 articles and a certificate to show that you have completed the course.
Here are some things which you would learn from taking the course;
· You would learn how to see and identify web elements. This would be done through the use of Selenium.
· You would learn more about Master Xpath.
· You would learn about implicit and explicit ways.
· You would also learn about the various conditions which you can expect while using the Selenium webdriver.
If you are interested in taking this course, then you would have to have the visual studio installed fully on your system. It is also advisable that you should have some knowledge of how the visual studio worked. Having a chrome browser would also be preferable.
3. The robot framework test with Udemy
This course would see you learn how you can do the test automation with Selenium. This would involve the API test automation and so much more. This would see you have about 6-7 hours dedicated to the course by watching videos. You would also have to download about 14 resources and read one article. At the end of the course, you would be given a certificate of completion.
Here are some things which you would learn during this course;
· You would learn how you can install the test tool for automation (robot framework automation). This would be done using various libraries like API, Selenium and so much more
· You would also learn about how you can use the object pattern of a page to execute and produce more automation scripts that would be so reusable.
· You would also learn how you can produce and execute your very first robot framework script for automation.
Some of the topics which you can expect to learn would be windows 10 installation and how you can create your very first script.
4. Basics to Advanced in addition to frameworks (selenium) with Udemy
This course would help you to learn everything which you would need to know about selenium. Taking this course would mean that you are willing to devote more than 52 hours learning the curriculum of the course? You would also need to read about 48 articles and 330 resources would also need to be downloaded.
Here are some of the things which you would learn;
· You would learn everything that you need to do about the Selenium webdriver. In the end, you would be able to call yourself a master of Selenium
· You would be able to design many things such as hybrid automation and the various frameworks. You would also be able to design pageobject.
· You would also learn about all the challenges which the Selenium can face. You would be exposed to about 100 examples.
This is one of the best courses which you can take relating to Selenium.
5. The Masterclass with C#
This course would help you to build several frameworks which run on automation. You would also learn about literally everything you need to know about the Selenium webdriver. When you take this course, you should be prepared to spend about 42-43 hours watching the lectures, read about 55 articles and take on a number of assignments.
Here are some things which you would learn in this course;
· You would learn how you can produce a selenium webdriver. This would be done using C# and from the very beginning.
· You would also become a pro at C# which is used for software automation.
· You would also become a pro at using the Selenium webdriver.
To be able to participate in the program effectively, you should make sure that you have a laptop which runs on the latest Windows 10.
6. Building a Testing Framework with Udemy
This course would help you to take your knowledge of Selenium webdriver to an all new level using the testing training with Java automation and the framework designing for testing Selenium.
During this course, you would have to watch about 38-39 hours of lectures for this course. You would also need to read about 21 articles and 160 resources would have to be downloaded. This course also makes sure that you understand what you are being taught by having two practice tests and 3 exercises for coding. After the course, you would get a certificate of completion.
Here are some things which you would learn;
· You would learn how you can use the Selenium webdriver, the framework design for Selenium and even the Selenium Grid. You would also learn how to use the Apache POI.
· The course would also ensure that you would be able to improve your skills in coding and so much more.
You would not need much to be part of this course as it provides an instructor to support all the way.
7. The Novice to Ninja + Interview course with Udemy
This course would help you learn everything that you would need right from the beginning to an advanced level. It would include POM, Maven and Jenkin tools. You would have to devote about 41-42 hours to watch the videos for this course. You would also have to read 12 articles, 343 resources would need to be downloaded and you would get a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Here are some things which you would learn during the course;
· You would have to learn how to use the framework for web automation
· You would learn how to deal with the challenges which come from using the web driver for Selenium.
· You would get to learn how you can prepare your resumes and all interviews through the help of our qualified instructors.
You would learn pretty much everything you need in this course so nothing much would be needed at the beginning.
8. The Complete step by step Java with Udemy
This course is designed to give you everything which you are going to need in learning about Java. This would be done using the Selenium webdriver.
You would need to dedicate at least 8 hours to this course, read about 3 articles and download about 63 resources. You would be given a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
You would learn so many things such as the various ways in which you learn and design the various programs for Java. You would also be able to understand pretty much all of the Java concepts.
This course is designed to make sure that you understand how to create tests that are automated with the aim of creating a testing framework for a web application. This course has a five-star rating and is considered to be suitable for those who are at the intermediate level.
This course is set to broaden your horizon when it comes to Selenium.
This course is designed to teach you everything you would love to know about Selenium. From the various frameworks for testing to how you can use the Selenium Grid, this course would enlighten you on everything that you would need.
This course would also teach you how to effectively use this tool irrespective of the operating system or software that you are currently using. This course is simply brilliant
The truth is that the Selenium software is one thing which can change your world if you learn it to the very core. You would be able to perform so many functions and create many testing frameworks which you can use to achieve great things
Before you can do that though, you would need to use these courses to sharpen your knowledge on what you need to know.