VMware is a form of cloud computing and virtualization software that involves running multiple software systems simultaneously. VSphere is an umbrella phrase for VMware’s virtualization platform. In this post, we shall discuss courses that can help you enhance your skills in VMware VSphere.
Why is VMware VSphere Popular?
In the tech world, VMware VSphere is marketable because it’s regarded as an easy to use aiding tool regarding virtualization. It can move cloud computing in various aspects. It can also allow your virtual machines to perform optimally for your home PC, business environment, or company establishment. There are unlimited advantages of using VMware VSphere in your virtual host system. However, there are setbacks too. Let’s discuss some of the benefits of a VMware vSphere hosted virtual environment.
One of the VMware VSphere infrastructure benefits is the high accessibility it offers. This helps in manning the independent availability of virtual machines available on the software and hardware layer. Since the VM can simultaneously work even in the most intricate processes, it’s an element that can offer smooth operations for every remote user.
This feature provides the institution’s cloud machine with the security it needs to prevent operating system and hardware failures
VMware was launched in 1998 and has withstood the test of technological advancements over the years. Further, they’ve been leading this sector with great innovations. VMware products offer a range of systems ideal for cloud computing environments.
In the current world, these are seen as excellent standards, particularly in the virtual tech world. Given this, undoubtedly the VMware has a distinguished performance as far as virtualization is concerned. This can assist companies seeking to expand its cloud computing and virtual concepts.
1. The Complete VMware vSphere 6.5: Beginner to Advanced-pt ½
This course is ideal for VSphere administrators, IT managers, and system administrators. To enroll in this course, you need to have experience on Linux or Microsoft Windows operating systems. You’ll also need some basic networking knowledge. Experience with virtual machine technologies is not necessary. However, having such a background will be an added advantage.
This course will hasten your digital revolution via a software outlined approach to IT and business. VMware is the inaugural technology in virtualization. At the end of this course, you’ll be conversant with VMware’s virtualization solution.
The instructor will take you through step by step tutorials that will help you understand the installation, set up, operation, and security procedures. Eventually, you’ll enhance skills in the automation and management of your virtual environment.
- Understand how to develop your VMware Hands-on Labs
- Learn how to install, set up, and control vCenter® Server Appliance™ 6.5 and ESXi Hosts
- Deploy and control templates, snapshots, virtual machines, and clones
- Set up and control distributed/standard switch
- Set up and control the storage, network, and virtual appliances
- Learn how to automate and coordinate regular administrative tasks
- Understand how to set up and control external and local storage
- Learn how to set up and control Firewall and security profile
- Develop and control user privileges and permissions
- Become a VMware Certified Professional – Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
2. Clear and Simple VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations VCP- Part 1
To enroll in this course you need basic knowledge of VSphere. To help you prepare for the course, the instructor will provide you with the Clear and Simple VMware Certified Associate (VCA-DBT) course. The course is ideal for administrators who are interested in learning the basics of VSphere. You’ll also benefit from this course if you’re preparing for the VSphere 6.5 foundations exam.
During this course, learners will enhance their skills in vSphere concepts such as templates, VMFS and NFS storage, cloning, Update Manager, vCenter and ESXi installation, and VSAN. The instructor will make learning easier by providing demos of some of the common tasks you may need to excel as a vSphere administrator through the vSphere Web Client.
- Understand how to install ESXi and vCenter, configuration, and updates
- Learn vSphere Storage that includes: iSCSI, VSAN, VMFS, and NFS
- Develop and control apps and virtual machines
- Understand the deployment of virtual memory systems from clone VMs and templates.
- Learn the Creation of Distributed Switches and VSphere standard
3. The Complete VMware vSphere 6.5: Beginner to Advanced-pt 2/2
This course is specially designed for IT experts, network administrators, server administrators, virtual administrators, and storage administrators. To enroll in this course you’ll need a basic understanding of Linux or Microsoft Windows operating systems. You’ll also need some knowledge of networking.
Learners should have all the necessary software that’s available for trial or free. You can only enroll in this course after completing the Part ½ preview course. By the end of this course, learners will manage to develop and control any Virtual Datacenter environment. They’ll also be better prepared to sit for the DCV and VMware Foundations certification exams.
This course is designed to give learners hands-on instructions and comprehensive theoretical explanations. These are supported by real-world examples and factual applications. This course is the best guide to help you learn vSphere. Administrators taking this course will become experts in their virtual environment.
Learners taking this course will learn and understand the advanced features involved in this course. This will help them know how to administer VMware vSphere 6.5 availability and resources efficiently. Learners will first tackle distributed resource scheduler and resource management. Later they’ll delve into vSphere availability characteristics such as Fault Tolerance (FT) and vSphere High Availability (HA). To finalize the course learners will cover data protection, vSphere Security, and VMware Update Manager.
- Understand how to set up and control Storage DRS and Distributed Resource Scheduler™ DRS to enhance host scalability
- Develop and manage Resource Pools, Clone, Snapshot, vAPP, and Template
- Learn how to plan and complete Fault Tolerance (FT) and VMware High Availability (HA)
- Utilize VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to promote virtual machines and VMware ESXi
- Understand how to shift virtual machines using VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Understand how to install and set up vRealize Operation to execute various monitoring functions
4. Clear and Simple VMware vSphere 6.7 Professional VCP-DCV
This course is specially designed for you if you’re interested in sitting for the VCP 6.7 DCV exam examination. Administrators who are passionate about enhancing their knowledge of vSphere can also enroll in this course. To register for this course you should have substantial knowledge of vSphere foundations.
Are you in search of a VMware vSphere course? Perhaps you need to learn from a seasoned trainer who’s capable of simplifying complex concepts to make them easy for learners to understand. If you do, this course can help you achieve your goals. Here are the topics you’ll cover during this course.
Here, learners will cover the following subtopic.
- Configuration of distributed switches and vSphere Standard
- NIC Teaming and failover
- Network IO Control
- Port Mirroring
- Traffic Shaping
- TCP/IP Stacks
- Private VLANs
Subtopics that learners will cover here include:
- VMFS and NFS
- FC and FCoE
- Storage Multipathing and failover
- Hardening VMs and Hosts
- Single Sign-On
- Roles and Permissions
- Encrypted vMotion
Updates and Upgrades
- Update Manager
- Upgrade ESXi
- Upgrade VMware Tool and VM Hardware
- Migrate vCenter Server for Windows to the vCenter Server Appliance
- Upgrade vCenter
Deploying Virtual Machines and Hosts
- Templates and Cloning
- Content Libraries
- Auto Deploy and Host Profiles
- Working with VMX Files
- vCenter Converter
- Configuring DRS Clusters
- Shares, Limits, and Reservations
- DRS Affinity Rules, Overrides, and advanced settings
- Resource Pools
- Restart ESXi Management Agents
- Generate Log Bundles
- Collect Diagnostic Data
Backup and Recovery
- vSphere Data Protection
- High Availability (HA)
- vSphere Replication
- Virtual Machine Component Protection (VMCP)
5. Master VMware vSphere 6 Administration
To enroll in this course you need to be passionate about learning. You should also possess basic experience in server operating systems and installing windows desktop. A basic understanding of cloud virtualization and networking is also essential. This course is ideal for anyone interested in learning VMware ESXi and vSphere Administration, vSphere and system administrators, and IT professionals.
This course provides learners with the knowledge they need to install, administer, manage, and set up VMware® Vsphere 6 environments from the beginner level to an advanced level. This way, learners will be able to work on VMware vSphere 6 with ease. This training covers the management of virtual machines and ESXi using the vCenter server.
It’s worth mentioning that today nearly all companies are opting for datacenter virtualization to boost savings and get high server utilization. Companies are also assured of reduced downtime failover, high availability, excellent performance, prime security, and exceptional reliability.
Another reason why companies are using VMware virtualization is low TCO and easy fast management. By the end of this course, IT professionals and developers will become skilled VMware certified Professionals. They’ll be capable of working in any VMware vSphere surrounding.
- Understand how to install and set up VMware’s vSphere 6
- Set up and control the network, virtual appliances, and storage
- Learn how to install and control Vcenter and ESXi
- Set up and control distributed switches, vSphere performance, and vSphere management
Enroll in one of the courses discussed here and get a competitive edge in your search for jobs.