Google Nexus 7 was designed to be the perfect travel companion: with the amazing 7 inches display and a battery autonomy of 10 hours, Nexus promises speed and performance, on a smooth display that was created for an intense gaming session. Under the motto: “less charging, more doing”, Google’s smart gadget invites you to explore over 700,000 apps from Google Play, browse though a large e-book library with over 4 million titles and insures a smooth experience due to the Android 4.2 platform. In the following post you will find all the necessary info to help you form an opinion about Google Nexus 7.
After a productive collaboration with Asus Tablet PC, Google recently released Google Nexus 7. This gadget had shocked the world with a market price around $ 199 – $ 249 and a hardware that could compete with some of the branches favorites. Here is a brief review Google Nexus 7. As the first official 7-inch tablet from Google, Nexus 7 has been bearing the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
MoreoverGoogle Nexus 7 Tablet (16 GB)Google Nexus 7 Tablet (16 GB), the Nexus 7 uses a NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor quad-core 1.3 GHz speed. The processor is capable of running applications or games fast and smooth. The screen has been equipped with IPS technology to deliver perfect image in a very wide angle of view, up to 178 degrees. IPS, plus ASUS True Vivid technology make the picture appear clear and the color contrast is excellent. The HD Display resolution (1280×800 pixels) is great for gaming, reading, exploring. The multi touch tablet is able to support up to 10 fingers simultaneously.
By realizing this bold gadget with Asus, Google ensures them a leading position among the electronic companies in the manufacturing process. With the release of Nexus 7, Google targets to become a formidable competitor for the new iPad and Amazon Kindle Fire.
As the name implies, Google nexus 7 tablet is equipped with a 7-inch touch screen. Other features that support the success of this tablet: 12-core GeForce GPU, camera on the front of the device, integrated NFC, 1GB of RAM, and a battery that may survive up to 9 hours when it used to play videos. On the back of the Nexus we find the speakers. A 1.2 MP front camera is maybe the only obvious compromise Google’s tablet made for an affordable price.
To sum up the main features:
- design: with dimensions of 198.5 x 120 x 10.5 mm and weighs 340 g
- screen: 7 nexus tablet equipped with a 7-inch touch screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels (216 ppi), smaller than the new iPad 2 which has 10 inches.
- processor: nexus 7 powered tablet processor Tegra 3 quad-core processor, 12-core GeForce GPU with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- Camera: 1.2 megapixel front camera that can record 720p video, no rear camera
- Nexus tablet 7 comes in two variants namely the model variants with internal memory capacity of 8GB and 16 GB, both 8GB and 16GB features a back lit IPS display protected with a “Scratch-resistant Corning Glass”.
- Type7 in,
IPS TFT active matrix – LED backlight
- Display Resolution1280 x 800 ( 216 ppi )
- Color Depth24-bit
- FeaturesScratch-resistant surface,
Corning Gorilla glass
- Operating SystemAndroid 4.1 Jelly Bean
- ProcessorNVIDIA Tegra 3
- Processor Clock Speed1300 MHz
- Number of CoresQuad-Core
- Flash Memory16 GB
- RAM1 GB
- ROM16 GB
- Wireless ConnectivityNFC,
- Front-facing Camera1.2 Megapixel
- GPS NavigationGPS receiver
- AudioMicrophone , Speaker
Expansion and Connectivity
- Interfaces1 x Micro-USB
- Capacity4325 mAh
- Run Time10 hour(s)
- SensorsGyro sensor,
- FeaturesFront camera ,
Dimensions & Weight
- Width7.8 in
- Depth0.4 in
- Height4.7 in
- Weight 12 oz
- very Fast unlike other versions of android
- 7 inch form factor feels nicer in the hands and makes typing easier.
- the textured backing feels nice
- good battery life
- great price
- no expandable memory
- lack of rear camera (but who uses a tablet to take pictures )
- android apps are not as great as the iPad