Data loss is a common phenomenon to people who live in digital life. It happens very often and it is good to know how you can recover your data in case you are unfortunate to be a victim. To recover lost data is critical especially if the lost data is highly sensitive and very important.
However, before recovering your data you have to know what caused the loss of data before deciding how you will go about recovering the data.
Losing data can be very stressful. Getting it back will require data recovery software. There is much software out there which can have the job done, but it is good to take that which will ensure your data is safely and successfully restored.
Disk Drill is one such software that will help you recover all your data lost in your disk drive.
Things to Know About Data Loss.
Data loss can be categorized into physical or logical data loss depending on the cause. Physical data loss scenarios are irreversible. In that case, it is prudent to restore your data from backups or your mirrored copies of your disk.
In logical data loss, it is easy to recover your data. What actually happens with logical data loss, reference of file location is lost but they still reside somewhere on your hard disk.
Main Causes Of Data Loss and Their Category
Logical Data Loss Physical Data Loss
Human error Natural disasters such as fire
Malicious software such as viruses. Cases of theft
Software corruption and system failure. Power surges
Instances Under Which You Will Be Able to Use Recovery Software to Recover Lost Data From Your Hard Drive
Not all data can be recovered by the use of the software. For instance, if your data loss is a result of theft cases, then we have no disk to recover from.
The instances of data loss where the use of recovery software is applicable include;
- Data loss after disk wipeout
- Data loss due to lost partition on your disk
- Data loss from accidental deletion
- Data loss as a result of system failure of OS crashes.
What to Do After Data Loss
After you realize your data have been lost in your disk drive, you should keep your disk safe and don’t expose it to any operation until such a time when you are ready to perform your data recovery.
This will ensure no further damage on the drive and protect the chances of having the data recovered.
You should NOT empty your recycle bin. Emptying your recycle bin will permanently remove reference to the lost files from your computer. This will just make your efforts of recovering lost data more difficult.
Data Lost Through Disasters and Cases of Theft.
In the case of the above scenarios, you cannot use software to try and recover your lost data since there is no disk to recover from.
Despite that fact, you can still recover your lost data is by either
- Getting it from your backup offsite or cloud-based– your data can be backed up in the cloud, there are a couple of services that you can use but will cost money. If your data is important you need to pay.
- Getting it from mirrored copies of your hard disk. – you may make some copies to some external drives and store them in a different location. In case disaster strikes you can use that copy for recovery. You can get some external drives as some decent prices now:
- Getting it from a NAS device – you can have a NAS where you can store your data. NAS devices have some programs that can automatically backup your data or restore it in case of need. They are very easy to use a very good backup alternative.
Recover Data After Formating and Hard Drive
In case you have formatted a hard drive and you have installed Windows and you need to retrieve that data you can do that. Don’t disparate the data is still there you just need to recover it with a software. To see the complete process for recovering the data after you formatted the hard drive check the below video it has all the steps:
Five Steps to Recover Lost Data From Your Hard Drive Using Disk Drill Software
Disk Drill is one of the most complete data recovery software in the market. The piece is compatible with Microsoft Windows and Mac Operating Systems. If you are using either of the operating systems, then you are covered.
In case you may need to plug your drive into another computer you may want to check the below Universal Drive Adapters:
1. Create a space of at least 20 MBs for the Disk Drill software.
2. The first thing will be to download Disk Drill and install it on your desktop or laptop. You can download the free of pro version from Cleverfiles.com
3. Launch the Disk Drive recovery tool. Select the target Disk-the one that hosted the lost data and ‘click’ the recover button.
4. Perform a quick or deep scan of the files you would like to recover. Quick scan enables you to recover file with their names and locations. If your data files are not found in a quick scan, launch a deep scan. It will take longer than quick scan.
5. Once you have found the files you lost, click recover and have your files back. The functionality and simplicity of this software are exemplary amazing.
Files types that you will recover with Disk Drill include;
- Music files in mp3, AIF, WAV formats.
- Images and Photos in JPEG/JPG, TIFF, PNG formats.
- Documents such as DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, Word, Pdfs among others.
- Video files like AVI, DV, and MP4 among other formats.
- Raw camera images such as DNG and CR2.
- Graphic files like AI and INDD.
The good thing is that Disk Drill can recover data from all the following disk formats HFS, FAT/FAT32/exFAT, NTFS, EXT3/EXT4.
Disk Drill will help you recover unlimited types of files. What you need is just know what type of file you are looking for.