This is the new Android TV box from Xiaomi that comes at a 59$ price and has some interesting features for the money. It is not at NVIDIA Shield level but still it brings some great value for the money. In this article, you will get a Mi Box S Review (including a video) to see what this box can do and see if it is right for you.
- Length: 3.75 in
- Width: 3.75 in
- Thickness: 0.66 in
- Weight: 5.19 ounce
- Color: Black
- Output Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160)
- CPU: Cortex-A53 Quad-core 64bit
- GPU: Mali-450
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- Storage: 8GB eMMC
- Operating System: Android 8.1
- Wireless connectivity
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- Video decoder: [email protected]，VP9，H.265，H.264，MPEG1/2/4，VC-1，Real8/9/10
- Video Format: RM，MOV，VOB，AVI，MKV，TS，Mp4，3D
- Audio decoder: DOLBY, DTS
- Audio Format: MP3，APE，Flac
- Image decoder: JPG，BMP，GIF，PNG，TIF
- Support Language: Global
- HDMI2.0a: 1
- USB2.0: 1
- Power Interface: 1
- Audio Out: 1
Extra features from previous Mi Box:
Below are some of the most important upgrades for MI Box S:
- Wi-fi AC which is more powerful
- new Android 8.1 version
- new remote with Netflix button and app button + Google assistant integration
Mi Box S Vs Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
There is also a review of the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K that you can check and watch the video to see what is got to offer. In the below lines I will present the distinctive points between the Mi Box S and Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K to see which one is right for you:
- Price: 4K fire TV stick is 49$ and the Mi Box S is 59$ so the clear winner here is Amazon Fire TV 4K
- Youtube: the fire TV stick is not having an application for youtube so you can’t watch 4K videos on youtube, in case you are using youtube a lot then Mi is the box for you.
- Dolby Vision is not on Mi
- Alexa vs Google assistant – one remote comes with one assistant and other with another so it depends on the ecosystem you have.
- Interface: One is Android TV and another comes with the Amazon-customized version of the Android. Both are sluggish so it depends what you are preferring.
These are the most important differences between the 2, the rest of the elements are quite the same and neither of them are comparing with NVIDIA Shield, but neither the price.
Mi Box S Android TV Box Review Video:
The video is from lon.tv which made a detailed video with what it has to offer, I suggest watching it and see if the box satisfies your needs: