After yesterday we’ve taken a look at the ACASIS M.2 NVME Enclosure Review, today we will check another M.2 NVMe SSD that can help you make your SSD portable or help recovering data, MyDigitalSSD M2X M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure is the item that we will check today. The NVMe SSD Enclosures are good to transform your NVME SSD into a portable one or to recover data from an M.2 NVMe SSD. These enclosures are great in case you already have an NVMe SSD as you don’t need to spend money on them and you can have a portable SSD very fast. You can buy some portable Type-C SSD if you need fast transfer without needing an enclosure. Below are some of them:
They are offering ~540MB read and write speeds and are more secure.
For a top with Best Portable M.2 NVME SSD Enclosures check Best Portable M.2 NVME SSD Enclosures.
MyDigitalSSD M2X M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure Review
- supports 2242 / 2260 / 2280 NVMe PCIe M.2 M SSDs up to 2TB
- It has USB 3.1 Gen 2
- M2X enclosure adapters are powered directly through the USB port
- Plug and Play
The design is nice is an aluminum black box with a Type-C Port:
- Supports 2242 / 2260 / 2280 NVMe PCIe M.2 M SSDs up to 2TB
- Supports high (double-sided) and low (single-sided) profile form factors
- Price: the price is quite decent at 40$
- Has USB 3.1 Gen 2
- Possibility to have 2242 / 2260 / 2280 NVMe PCIe M.2 M SSDs formats
- Not any
anandtech.com had the below results in CrystalDisk:
The results are in the same area as with the ACASIS M.2 NVME Enclosure Review except that the MyDigitalSSD has a lower price and supports more formats.
MyDigitalSSD M2X M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure is an interesting option in case you want to have your Portable SSD done in-house. It has a decent price with multiple format options for SSD.