With some great and really expensive windows phone series “Lumia” dominating the windows phone market, Nokia releases there cheap version of smartphone, namely the Nokia Lumia 510. Well as expected the phone had to be kept at a low price , so there no many amusements as one would like to have. It is a average hardware , running some superb software.
Nokia have not stopped making Windows 8 Phones, but this phone will still prove to be the best Windows phone at that less price. At present it is tagged as the cheapest Windows Phone in the market, and also first to release on Windows version 7.8.
So lets have a look at some of its Specifications.
- Quad Band Support. ( GSM/GPRS/EDGE)
- 3G with 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.6 Mbps HSUPA support.
- 4 inch display with TFT screen and WVGA resolution , with 65K-color.
- A 5 MP rear camera with Autofocus and VGA video recording.
- Runs on Windows 7.8 OS.
- Some Pro features made available on the old OS.
- 800 MHz ARM Cortex-A5 CPU,Qualcomm MSM7227A chipset and a average 256 MB of RAM.
- Wi-Fi enabled.
- GPS receiver with voice -guided navigation and digital comapass.
- 4GB interanl memoy and 7GB available on Cloud Storage.
- Built in proximity sensor , accelerometer and a 3.5 audio jack.
These were some of the key features of the Budget Windows Smartphone by Nokia. However one can’t expect to do anything and everything with this smartphone. As it was solely designed as to keep its price as low as possible. However the experience hence is not really that good. It has several disadvantages , like ,
- Some apps won’t run , due to low RAM.
- No front facing camera, thus no video calls , either Skype.
- Audio quality is not that great.
- No expandable memory.
These were some major short comings of the phone. But again , it wasn’t designed to be a brace , however it will still provide good user experience and quality as compared to any Windows phone priced at that low amount. And it is also a good office package , for those who cannot afford smartphones like lumia 910, 820 etc. Still it is a good phone , and really a cheap yet good user interface available on the Windows Phone.