I am a fan of Synology NAS for some time, as I really like the products and the OS that they are using for their NASes. DS119j NAS is a new NAS that was released just a while back and I like it because it is having a very good price ( around 100$) and because it is using just a few watts to function.
- Marvel A3720 Dual-core 800 MHz processor
- 256MB memory
- 1GB RJ-45 LAN Port
- 2x USB 2.0 ports
Synology DS119j it is perfect for the users that don’t need a lot of functionalities to be used at once and don’t need redundancy for their data. From my point of view, the price is very cheap and you can do all the stuff that you are doing with an expensive NAS.
Things to expect from Synology DS119j:
- Decent network transfer for write and read: ~70MB/s write with 100MB/s read
- Good for basic stuff like network copy off files.
- Low Power consumption.
- Low Price
- USB ports for copying files
Things you shouldn’t expect from Synology DS119j:
- Data redundancy with RAID. It is having a single disk so in case of disk failure, you will lose everything.
- Plex Server – because of the thin hardware it can’t properly run Plex Server
- Slow Interface – Because of the CPU and small amount of RAM the interface can be quite slow.
Synology DS119j NAS Video Review
In case you need all the details about the Synology DS119j then check the below video review from lon.tv which is explaining everything you need to know about Synology DS119j:
Synology DS119j Faster Alternatives
In case Synology DS119j is not for you and you need either redundancy or a more powerful NAS that can run PLEX server or run multiple applications then I recommend:
Budget-Friendly with redundancy:
More Powerfull with Good Plex Server Run: