After reports of several BUGS being there in the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean version the , company since hen decided to launch Android Version 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware, which is free from all errors and malfunctions.It also fixes the bluetooth problem. Everyone feels excited to upgrade their Smartphone to the latest Operating system they use and it’s time for users for Updating Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 10. The update is quite light and stands at only in a single megabyte ( Approximately).
So here is a tuorial on Updating Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 , to Jelly Bean Firmware.
- Firmware Update Files. (Get one from here )
- Latest version of adb on system
Updating Nexus 4 and Nexus 10:
Well , to be specific there are two ways for updating Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 10.
- Using Custom recovery
- Using Stock Recovery
Custom Recovery Method:
- Copy the zip file that you have downloaded above for your handset to the SD card.
- Switch off the phone and restart it in the recovery mode.
- Choose Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Inside the SD Card , navigate to the zip file.
- Flash the device and restart the device normally.
STEPS for Updating Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 10:
- Just switch off the system and reboot in Fastboot mode.(do it by pressing volume up and down buttons along with the power button)
- A menu will open up. Simply navigate to the recovery option and select it.
- Now, press the volume up button only along with power button.
- From the menu that appears on the screen , navigate to apply update from ADB.
- Connect your phone with a System. Run Command Prompt.ou will need to change the location to the folder where you have saved the downloaded zipped package containing the update files.
- After opening the Command Window just write adb sideload ZIP_FILE_NAME.zip (you need to change the ZIP_FILE_NAME with the name of the actual zip file.)
- And then just rest in peace and let the whole process complete. As soon as the update is over , it will automatically reboot and then run on Android 4.2.1 Firmware version thereafter.
Well this was my Short tutorial , on Updating Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 10, to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware. Hope you find it informative and helpful. 🙂